The Magickal Universe

Where Magick is a way of life!

Forums

Forum Home > Terra Sphere Prospective Students and Congregation > Lesson 7 - Pagan Working Tools

Kelly Bray
Site Owner

Blessings Students

Today's lesson is about working tools, now this is a section which is long (and has many extra pages set off the main page) and some sections may or may not apply depending on if you have chosen a path to follow at this point or not.

For those of you who have chosen a particular Tradition to follow, please refer to that Traditions expectations in regards to tools and how they are used PRIOR to reading this section. For those of you who are still in the early stages of developing your path you may wish to investigate all the tools available for your use.

In your Book of Shadows begin a page for researching your tools, look into the various used of each tool and the Paths that generally use each one, think about why each tool is used and decide if you would use each tool in YOUR magickal practices.

You may also wish to begin collecting your magickal tools at this point, just remember you dont need to spend a fortune and the right tools will come to you without a lot of money needing to be spent, just remember the value of your tools has very little, if anything, to do with the monetary value for which they are made or purchased.

Many of the tools listed have sections included on how to make your own. It is very important to understand that making your own tools SHOULD be where possible the FIRST option. This is due to the fact that making your own tools, imbues that item with YOUR energy and therefore makes it more magickally connected to you.

Discussion topics for this section may be what tools you have chosen to use and why, or any other topic related to the creation, purchase, or finding of magickal tools

Blessings

Lady Ro

April 11, 2011 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Rain

Many of the tools i use are for doing healing for myself and others.

When i do craft work i mostly do healings and spell work and these are some of the main tools i use.

Atheme- i use this to direct my energy and doing my healing if i have some energy goo that won't come i will cut it and then keep pulling...but its rare that i have to do that.

Book of shadows- where i keep my rituals,spells and so forth

Grimorie- book of herbs and other lessons

candles- for spell work

crystals- healings

mortar and pestle- to crush herbs to make teas

pedulum- healings and other craft work

wands- healing to direct energy 

sage- is my good too cleanser

About 4 years ago i was at a pow-wow with a friend and i was telling him how when i am at them things just come to me. That year i was looking at pocket knifes and i was getting this crazy energy from under  this napkin i asked to see the knifes that were under it and it was a knife with a picture of ducks on it and i asked how much it cost and the guy looked at me and said you felt this so spirit wants you to have it so i got it for free. i also that same year was looking at necklace and the one was so small the guy was so worried that noone could wear it but i tried it on and it fit just prefectly.

June 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelly Bray
Site Owner

Ashely you have found out one of the secrets to getting your tools, many of them will come to you right when you need them :) but I also find that they have a habit of disappearing when they are no longer needed as well....

June 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Rain

my stuff disppears all the time.

June 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelly Bray
Site Owner

Was your stuff handmade or bought...I found early on that all the stuff I bought kept walking so I started to make my own tools...they stopped walking after that :)

June 18, 2011 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Rain

my stuff was all bought

June 21, 2011 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelly Bray
Site Owner

:) thats probably your problem...you need to begin making some of your own pieces....or at least adding a little 'something' to pieces that you buy so they dont go walking..... why dont you check out someof the pages under Ritual Tools where it gives directions for making your own tools (I will be adding to that but there are a few to begin with for now...)

June 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Silver ArtemisOwl
I bought almost all my items. I'm working on a wand and I have completed a staff.
--
Many Blessings, ~Silver ArtemisOwl~
July 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelly Bray
Site Owner

Silver, have you research your woods, do you know what energies are inherant in both your wand and staff? did you choose your woods or were they 'gited' to you by the universe. also wouldyou like to share a photo of each - feel free to post them :)

August 1, 2011 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel Vargas

For now I'm not sure of how I'll use some of the items that are requiered in Ceremonial Magick, I know some of them are used as simbols that represent intentions (as the scourge) the Crown represents divinity, the robe silence etc. I'll continue looking for these meanings and procedures, I'm really interested in learning how to use the Bell. For now I'm sure I'll use a wand, a cup a sword and a pentacle (as representations of the elements) I'll need an altar and I'll make use of insence, candels, metals and other correspondences.

February 17, 2012 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.