Full Moon Facts.
- The Full Moon always rises at sunset.
- The moon in it's fullest phase reflects all the light sent to it by the sun.
- The earth is completely out of the path between these two heavenly bodies.
- The full moon is considered by Wiccans to be the most potent time of the entire month and is the time when Wiccans hold their Esbats, Ritual gatherings and Celebrations.
Full Moon Magick.
Since there is so much controversy over what actually begins and ends the cycle of the moon, there is some discrepancy over what kind of magick is best performed during this time. Technically, the full moon is the middle of the moon's cycle when the positive aspects of the moon's influence are at their peak, however many practitioners view the full moon as an downslope rather than a peak and thus any of the types of magick below may be performed a full three days before the full moon depending on your personal preference. Many people prefer to only perform full moon rituals on the day of the full moon, but as with all other things in magick, feel free to experiment. and use what works best for you personally. What works for another person may not work for you and vice versa.
- 'Positive' magick of any kind including completions of spells begun during the new moon or any other 'positive' spell that requires massive lunar energy to propel a ritual intention into being.
- Fortunately not all spells require the full force of the full moon's energy and some magicians consider performing smaller workings during this time as "overkill". However, you will have to decide for yourself how serious a working is to you to decide whether it warrants waiting until the full moon. Experience is, as always, the best teacher.
- 'Negative' magick such as in banishings, exorcisms, cleansings or bindings.
- Protective magick is extremely effective when performed on the full moon.